OpenPlans has seen tremendous success in helping cities work better via online journalism and information-sharing.
Now we’re looking for a Development Director to help strengthen our funding base and to bring these projects to their next stage of maturity. This position is a unique opportunity for a seasoned fundraiser to set up the development function within a successful, entrepreneurial organization. Our work includes:
- GothamSchools, with valuable coverage of New York City’s public schools, has an increasingly strong voice in the national conversation about urban education.
- Streetsblogs (in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and on Capitol Hill) have demonstrated and grown support for reform of our ‘car-first’ transportation systems.
- The allied Streetsblog Network connects nearly 400 quality blogs, reaching nearly every sustainable transportation advocate in the country.
- Streetfilms are regularly used by advocates, city agencies, news media, and others to bring good ideas – like bus rapid transit and separated bike lanes – to new places.
- StreetsEducation brings sustainability, transportation, and civic engagement into schools around New York City and beyond.
This position will potentially work with all areas of our organization, but our Civic Media arm, which is home to the above projects, is the area of primary focus. Given the extraordinary challenges of mainstream journalism today, these outlets report on news and provide information that otherwise wouldn’t make it into the public eye.
If you or someone you know would be a great leader of our fundraising efforts, please get in touch.